frequently asked questions
Normally, it would take 2 to 3 weeks to get your refund. In some cases, The IRS will send you a letter asking you to verify your identity or need proof of kids and income. No big deal, just bring the letter to us so we can take care of you. Tip: You can upload the letter on “My Secured Files” page for easier and faster response. Log in to your account using a smartphone and take a picture of the letter.
Normally, your state refund will be directly deposited into your bank account in 2 to 3 weeks or if you prefer a check mailed to your home. You may visit your state’s website for refund status by doing a search online, here is an example: “Rhode Island refund status” and fill in the information required. SSN, filing status, and state refund amount.
Normally, your federal refund will be directly deposited into your bank account in a faster and more reliable way! Or the check is mailed to your home between 2 to 3 weeks.
Having an account will allow you to upload documents for the tax preparer safely & securely for faster service or for a quick tax return quote. Stay home and get your free refund amount or e-file. When you are ready to file with us we will email you the signature pages and an invoice payment to complete the e-filing process electronically. You will never need to leave your home. We will then upload your tax copies for you to have. WATCH VIDEO TUTORIAL HOW TO UPLOAD PAPERS You can also book an appointment faster, update your information and make changes to your recently booked appointment.
Yes! Your privacy and paperwork are very important to us. Our website is encrypted for your protection. Our system is safe and secured to upload paperwork before or after visiting the office. Upload Now!
* Photo identification (Drivers Lic or ID)
* Social Security cards from all members (Kids & Spouse)
* Last year’s tax returns
* Income statements or forms like W-2, Interest (Form 1099-INT), Dividends (Form 1099-DIV), Sale of stock (1099-B), Retirement Plans( Form 1099-R), Gambling Winnings (Form W-2G), Unemployment (Form 1099-G), Social Security Benefits (Form SSA), Miscellaneous income (1099-MISC).
* Tuition expenses for university, college, or technical college (Form 1098-T)
* Interest statements for student loans (Form 1098-E)
* IRA contributions
* Records of expenses you may wish to deduct, such as Out-of-pocket medical expenses, Non-cash donations, Cash donations, Vehicle license tabs, Property taxes paid, Job-related moving expenses, Uniform costs, Daycare expenses
* If you have a Home Mortgage bring the interest paid (Form 1098) from the mortgage company
Yes, more referrals more cash as long as they are new clients in our system and they complete the filing process.
No, a referral is a one-time payment only.
Upload your Tax Papers Or Come See Us
We are dedicated and happy to prepare your federal and state income tax returns. We’ll even review prior years prepared by you or another tax preparation company. Then, we’ll notify you of any missed deductions or credits you didn’t get back. We’ll sit down and discuss your personal situation in complete confidentiality, making you feel right at home at TaxRecover.